Progress #3 (Sound)

 Draft #3 - Music and Sound


In this draft, I explored music and sound effects to add to my film. Using the website freesounds.org, I took some time to look at different sounds I can use for the cooking scene, including sounds such as chopping, squeezing food and spreading jam on toast. Me and Olivia also recorded some sounds after we filmed, including the car starting, toaster popping and outside ambience with crickets for when the characters were sitting out in the park at sunset. Once I put these in the edit, it gave the film a bit more depth and made it a lot creepier than it initially was, showing the importance of sound. It also made the themes of murder a lot more obvious, as the sounds represented the sounds the audience would hear in a scary scene like this.

Finally, I added the song I used as a soundtrack for the film 'It's All Forgotten Now' by Al Bowlly. This song made the film seem a lot less awkward and provided some sense of timing for the shots, especially when the singing starts at the end and the characters get out of the car, revealing the dead body. It gave the film a lot more character than before and really added to the upper class vibe I was trying to convey. The use of this non-diegetic sound set the scene and mood of the film effectively. 







Comments

Popular Posts