Editing progress photos

These are screenshots from when I was editing my film opening, showing my progress and how the film looked as it was being put together.


This was the effects I created when I was colour correcting my film. The 'red' labelled effect was used for the cooking scenes to make the red of the pomegranate and jam stand out, as well as the juice. I made the colour a darkish red to make it look more bloody and give the film a darker mood. The 'r ed' labelled effect was for the shots of the actor washing his hands and the juice going down the sink drain. This effect was similar to the other one but a little darker to emphasize the blood. The final effect called 'Emily' was used specifically for shots with our actress Emily, to emphasize on her red hair and the colours of her dress, as well as the mirror shot with the necklace.


This screenshot was from when I was adding sound to the film, showing the layers of sound used. Most of the sounds used were recorded by me and Olivia but some were from a website called freesounds.org. I layered some sounds on top of each other in some of the shots, for example in the shot of the hands washing and juice going down the drain, I layered the water running sound effect on top of the hands to make it stand out more, compared to the more quiet sound of the juice going down the drain.


This screenshot was from when I was adding credits to the film. I hadn't yet decided on a title for my film at this point, so I put the credit in and edited it before I would change it later on. When I made this credit, I changed the opacity and colour to make it look a little as if it blended in with the juice on the footage, or as if it was submerged in it.


This screenshot was from when I was colour correcting the green shots, such as the car driving and the park scenes. This was something I found particularly hard, especially for this shot, as I had to spend a lot of time playing around with the green colours to make the shot look natural and not too green - as the colour correcting made the shot look too green and not realistic.


More sound work, I had to change the speed of a sound effect to fit the speed of the dripping on the shot here.

 

Comments

Popular Posts