True Blood Intro Analysis


True Blood (2008 - 2014) Opening analysis 

This week I was tasked with analysing the Opening to True Blood, a Fantasy Horror Drama about vampires set in Louisiana, America. The opening very much felt like a montage with a lot of gloomy and short clips with a lot of imagery associated with blood and Southern America. 


I did some notes on the imagery in the opening and what kind of themes it presents that appear in the show as well as my initial thoughts and what I took away from the intro.

I analysed some of the shots from the opening and what I think they may be representing or telling the audience about the show they are about to see. I noticed a lot of religious, vampire, Southern and natural imagery which describe what the show is about in a very gruesome and gloomy way; as if to do the opposite of romanticising it which I found really interesting. 









Comments

Popular Posts